Thursday, July 2, 2009

Pool parties, firecrackers and a (CENSORED) that chirps like a (DELETED)


I’m reconnecting with an old friend tonight. It’s kind of ironic, as it was ten years ago that this person introduced me to cocaine. It was a New Year’s Eve in Chicago. I was already drunk and high, so when she chopped out some lines and offered me the straw I said fuck it and dove right in.

It was just like all of the clichés about feeling good and talking a lot. We stayed up talking about life and the future and whatever else our cracked out brains could come up with until well after the sun came up. It was a whole lot of fun and I’ll always remember the night fondly.

We’re both in very different places now. But we again find ourselves in the same city. We’ve kind of hung out a few times, and it’s been weird. There was this one night when it was her birthday, so my gf and I went to her party.

OK, I’d seen her fucked up before. But she was more fucked up than I’d ever seen her that night. She was with her bf of the time, a real sleazy dude I didn’t like at all. He would later bear out my suspicions by dumping her one morning after going on an all-night coke binge with some other chick. He called her in the morning like “yeah, I’m out.”

I’m not sure why she’s so adamant about catching up. While I would LOVE to fuck this woman, I don’t necessarily see that happening. But you never know. Plus from what I know she’s still a serious druggie. I plan on getting my hands on a gram or two before she comes over. We can get a little twisted before heading out on our night-time adventure. And it will be an adventure, that’s for sure.

No comments: