Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Girls are dumb, too


We already know that boys are dumb and girls are weird. Old news.

But the total opposite can also be true. Case in point:

I have a very cool (for the most part) female friend. She invited me to a fun party last night.

When I get there, she introduces me to her date. He’s an extremely good-looking black guy. No surprise, he used to be a model. OK, fine.

She pulls me aside to give me the real story. I guess this dude used have it going on—modeling contracts, multiple homes, mad loot, the whole deal. Somehow through the recession or whatever he loses everything. To the point that he’s currently living in a fucking HOSTEL in L.A. Um, OK…

She met him on Match.com. I’m like, really? This dude that’s down & out and living in a hostel is looking for love online? Then she tells me how on their first date he gave her some sob story about his dad dying and all of this shit and how all he really wants is a good woman to settle down with and love him la di da.



Oh, really? Now that you’re not pretty-boy mack daddy player, all of sudden you want some awesome woman to lock you down.

As she’s telling me this story, anger is rising in me like boiling lava. She feels so bad for him, and would love to be there for him, and…

WTF? You don’t even know this fucker. But because he’s pretty, you’re willing to overlook some pretty glaring warning flags waving right in your silly face.

How am I supposed to feel sorry for this idiot? More than anything, I’m appalled at his gall. But that’s the curse of the beautiful (AKA “Pretty Boy Syndrome,” AKA “PBS”), especially dudes. They never have to develop any kind of personality, cuz they’re just sooooo purty to look at that they still get everything they want in life.

The dirty secret of the beautiful people, though? It eventually runs out. Some sooner, some much later, but at some point that crutch catches up with you. And when it does, those pretty-faced fucks are so shit out of luck they don’t know weather to shit or sing Kelly Clarkson.

So my friend insists that yeah, I’m right. She doesn’t even know this moron, really. Swears she's gonna leave him alone. Uh huh. We'll see.

I could go on, but I won’t. Girls and dumb, too.


“Sometimes you gotta sleep alone/Sometimes you gotta cry yourself to sleep/Sometimes you gotta dig a little too deep/Sometimes, you gotta sleep alone…”

1 comment:

gamefaced said...

hi.
i was with a loser for almost thirteen years. and he wasn't even pretty.
more proof - girls are dumb too.
: )