Saturday, March 20, 2010

What really happened, Pt 2

By the time we got out of her parent’s house, it was off to the city. There wasn’t much of a plan, other than dinner and drinks. Downtown was super-busy. We finally score parking and walk around looking for a place to eat dinner. We finally settle on a place and go in.

This is where she totally bugs out. All of a sudden she goes from kind of freaked-out new mom hanging out with a guy for the first time since the kid’s birth to classic bitchy girl on a date. She doesn’t like the place. She orders the most complicated drink possible, and then complains when she doesn’t like it. Then she orders a bunch of food. Cool, whatever. When the bill comes, she just looks at me. That’s when I realize that she’s expecting me to pay for the whole thing. OK, wait a minute. I fly up here on the pretense that we’re going to be doing some fucking. Instead, you’ve just been sort of weird and distant, other than getting incredibly stoned and telling me all sorts of intimate details about how much you hate your life. Fuck me running.

We get out of the restaurant, and she decides that she wants to see a midnight movie. So we go. It’s already pretty late, and we have to pick up her daughter before embarking on the ride home (which is a little more than an hour). Sigh. We watch about 20 minutes of the movie before leaving. Oh, and we smoke a bunch of weed at the movies.

We pick up her kid and head back to her place. By now the tension between us is palpable. But I’m maintaining my composure. I’ve already checked out. I just paid way too much money for dinner. I just wasted an entire weekend on this woman. My plane leaves in the AM. I’ll just suck it up and ride it out.

I’m actually happy to get back to her place. I start hitting the bong in earnest. We watch some bullshit on TV before we both crash out. Me: the couch. Her: the bed.

Weirdest moment of the weekend: On Sunday morning while we’re getting ready for the trip to the airport: I was in the kitchen, checking emails on my computer when I looked up to see her, completely naked, standing in her bedroom. It was just a moment. But there she was. She hadn’t lied when she said this was the heaviest she’d ever been. Still, I was attracted to her. All I could see was the body that let me do all of those deliciously nasty things to it. Once upon a time, anyway.

And just like that, she turned away and closed the towel. I just shook my head. Story of my life.

No comments: