Monday, November 9, 2009

RL TLK


His name is Tony Grand. That's all I know.

The funny thing about having love for cats (no lonely old lady) is that they don’t always have the same intentions in their hearts. Dudes can manipulate that “love” just as easily as you can dish it from a genuine place.

When I got sick, I saw who my friends were. Grown ass niggas bringing me cards & balloons, complaining to the nurse about my IV not being right, sneaking me snacks, checking on my wife & son, etc. When I got home from the hospital & the other “homies” was funny styling me, I asked my wife why’d cats get brand new on me all of the sudden? Why’d they change? She said they didn’t. I did. Best believe sobriety changes a man’s existence, entirely. I wasn’t their to let them sit on my couch, hadn’t been there to feed them & supply their cigarette/alcohol/weed habits. I wasn’t there for them to use & take advantage of my kindness. I was able to see, for the first time in years, that my love is something that niggas will take & use to their advantage. The cold twist on that is, how can you get mad @ people who truly know no better? Folks who’ve never been cared for can’t reciprocate that. & don’t get me started on relatives (& I say relatives because blood relation doesn’t make you “family”).

The guys I look out for now, return the favor. So, when they need me, I’m a phone call/text/email away, no doubt. & for the record, some of the coolest dudes I’ve met on years, I’ve meet online. Yes hetero.

No comments: