Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Writing, writing...


Everyday.

Initially the idea was to write for an hour a day, every day, Monday through Friday. I quickly realized that wasn't going to work. But what has worked is just to write until I've gotten down what I need to get down at any given moment. It makes sense to me, anyway.

This new approach has kind of unlocked a different kind of creativity, which is really exciting. An entire chapter (a really useful one that added another dimension to the story) just materialized out of nowhere yesterday. I'm hoping for more experiences like that one--but I'm not banking on it.

I imagine this process will be a continually evolving one, which is fine. In the meantime I'm going to keep on writing this thing until it's (dare I say the word? OK, I'll just whisper it...) f i n i s h e d .

No comments: